Do you Want to Win the Business Race?
Of course you do. And you’d be delighted if your efforts make it easier for the business to be more successful with data that helps rather than hinders. You know that bad data can scupper the business. Without quality data it is likely to sink or flounder around in the shallows rather than joining the race with all sails flying.
Tracking Home to Data Quality
To let your business take up the ebb and fly forward to beat the competition, you need to follow a number of procedures that will speed your progress to accurate clean data. Here’s a rundown of the tacks you should take:
- Give someone responsibility or take it on yourself. You can’t be half-hearted about this. It needs a strong ongoing commitment from the skipper.
- Set standards for all data collected and make them consistent throughout the business.
- Set up procedures to measure and ensure the standards are met.
- Prevent problems by using merge purge software on all data sources that are fed in to the business.
- Regularly clean data with deduplication software and address correction software to make sure that no errors have crept in.
Remember that you can make use of data bureau services to help with any of these tasks if you can’t supply the resources needed in-house. The important thing is to achieve quality data, however you manage to get there.
You don’t have to run the risk of bad data informing business decisions mid-stream, or tarnishing your reputation with poor customer relationship management. Get some trustworthy clean data behind you to help you sail to victory.