Can you generate or append eMails?
Yes, we are able to generate missing eMails and then test them using eThenticate™ and using our vast experience in matching, we can match your business names and addresses to our extensive BizBase™ to append an eMail where we have one already.
Aren't you acting like a spammer?
No. We are acting responsibly to validate that eMails can or will be received to avoid sending Bulk eMails to dead, invalid or catch all accounts in order to reduce back scatter and undeliverable internet traffic.
How does eThenticate™deal with “Catch All” accounts?
We are aware that many mail servers will return a success code no matter what recipient address is specified? Because of this we are able to categorize eMails as: 1 - Yes will be received, 2 - May be received and 3 - Will not be received.
What is eThenticate doing to validate an eMail?
It is firstly checking the eMail is formed correctly (syntax), then checking the Domain is valid (DNS), then the Domain has valid Mail Servers (MX) and finally communicating with the mail server(s) in a special way to confirm or deny receivability.
Does it check for syntax errors?
Yes the first of multiple checks is for incorrectly formed or missing parts of the eMail.
Can it be used in real-time for internal systems or websites?
Yes our customers incorporate eThenticate™ into their web sites, internal applications, and commercial software products through web services.
Can it be used in batch mode?
Yes it will process millions of eMails per hour to identify their receivability.
What is eThenticate™ used for?
It is used to discover if the eMails you have stored in your databases or applications are receivable, may be receivable or will bounce.
What is eThenticate™?
eThenticate™ is a capability designed for validating email addresses. It silently communicates with eMail servers to check for eMail address acceptance but never physically sends intrusive emails.
What about opt-in?
We do not opt-in any eMails as we are not the sender. However, current law in most countries including the UK is that B2B eMails do not require to be opted in providing you have:
- A legitimate offer which is relevant to the recipient companies line of business
- An opt out provision in the eMail
- Sender contact details
What % of eMails don’t actually deliver?
This depends on a number of factors:
- Soft Bounces – out of office replies for example
- Hard bounces don't deliver because the eMail is incorrectly typed or the target eMail account is no longer active
- The sender can be on a blacklist (spam sender list), greylist,
- Have a low sender score, hence poor sender reputation which will cause some mail servers to reject or quarantine your message
- Finally, if there is not a valid recipient on the target eMail server, catch all accounts are set up to swallow spam and send them into a black hole. When this happens no bounce report will be received and your sent eMail will never be read. Our tests indicate this is true of between 30 and 40% of all lead generation eMail traffic which distorts the sent eMail to received, opened, read and click through reports